Friday 4 October 2013

Blast from the past...

On the train the other evening, I was skipping through this weeks Stylist magazine. After reading the rather uncomfortable interview with one Ms Naomi Campbell I stumbled across an article that transported me back to my teenage years.

I was stunned to read that my twice monthly bible, Just Seventeen is turning thirty!!!

Whilst reading the article I immediately recognised the covers of the magazines and the strangest thing happened...I remembered the excitement I felt when I read the magazines for the first time.

I had dabbled with Jackie and Blue Jeans magazines but the fit wasn't quite right. They had been going for a while and because of my age I'd not forged that relationship with either of them THEN Just Seventeen happened. It was new, modern and cutting edge. It had everything from fashion and beauty, celebrities to an advice column, with problems you could relate to and in a pre-Google age it was the go to place for advice.

It was like a monthly glossy for teenagers and I loved it!

I remember the first issue, it came free with Smash Hits magazine and I was hooked for the next three years as it held my hand until I graduated onto the next new magazine for the next stage in my life.

HaPpY bIrThDaY 
Just Seventeen
xxx 






No comments:

Post a Comment