Friday 23 August 2013

Inspirational Elements - Swarovski...

Each week I am looking at doing a post on Jewellery that inspires me, is trending or a celebrity style that I’m liking...
On my way to work yesterday, the Swarovski store under the office I work in had a large poster in the window advertising their new A/W range...I did have a quick look in the window at all that glittered and was sparkling and thought I would start my first weekly post with Swarovski.
I must admit, I’ve not always been a fan. I’m sure this could be a controversial thing to say but I am not one for Swarovski’s Disney and Hello Kitty designs...they remind me of Liberace, if you get my drift?!?!?! BUT I am aware that we all have different tastes and that’s what makes the world go round...Cor blimey, could you imagine if everyone liked the same things...it doesn’t bear thinking about :/
However, I’m not quite sure what has happened to Swarovski in recent times but they seem to be getting a bit more “with-it”, with some of their designs being really quite “edgy” with an air of “rock-chick” about them...a far cry from their Disney and Hello Kitty designs of the past and present...and I like ‘em, I like ‘em a lot! Their newer designs remind me of "Silver Service Jewellery", more about them later.
With Swarovski’s new A/W range now hitting the high streets, I thought I’d have a trawl through their collections and I have to say they are really good. I’m showing some of the designs that I felt really stood out with details of the design name and price, in case you wanted to spend any of your hard earned pennies at your local emporium.
If the Swarovski price tag is a little steep for your pocket, I have been inspired by some of their bracelets and am thinking of doing some sparkly bangles in a similar theme...at a fraction of the price!
Slake Dark Bracelet £54. Also available in fuchsia ruby, purple and light (grey)

                                                                                     Vi Bracelet £79
                                                                                   Venetie Bracelet £79
                    
      Vi Necklace in rose gold £59. Also available in silver


                        Media Necklace £119

Vesuve Ring £119

                   Mini Gold & Black Chic Ring £119
   
Fit Dark Pierced Earrings £99. Also available in silver and gold

                                         
                   Smoothly Pierced Earrings £99

                   Tiana Pierced Earrings £99

Tamarillo Pierced Earring £69

No comments:

Post a Comment