Monday 2 September 2013

Inspirational Elements - Kate

My sense of jewellery style, as you will come to realise is quite eclectic...I might one day like something that is big, bright, vibrant and in your face the next I might favour the simple St Christopher pendant from my nanas jewellery box SO I am always looking at people whether they be sitting opposite me on the tube or celebrities for ideas and inspiration...

Like last week’s Inspirational Elements, I am kicking off this blog with famous people whose style I admire. This week my victim, lol! Is HRH The Duchess of Cambridge.


At only 31 Kate’s style has already been defined as something that is more obtainable than the royals we have previously been used to. I mean when was the last time you could get one of Diana’s frocks off the rail on the high street from the very same store that Kate got hers from??? Exactly...mores’ the pity mind you...


Kate’s jewellery has been very reserved as well. Having looked at lots of photos as research for this post I have noticed that her engagement ring is pretty much the key item in her jewellery box and most definitely a focal point. The bracelets and necklaces she wears are much understated in comparison. The reason for this, respect for her mother in law or is she just not big on jewellery, who really knows???


Lady Diana Spencer’s sapphire engagement ring looked a little out of place on her 19 year old hand. At the time, and as a young girl, I didn’t think anything of it, but some 29 years later and then finding its way onto Kate’s hand at 28 years, it somehow looked like it was very much at home and meant to be.


She often wears earrings which match the engagement ring; these are mostly worn on daytime engagements. Kate can often be seen wearing statement earrings for state occasions and premieres.


I particularly liked the Cartier 18k Trinity Necklace she teamed with the electric blue Stella McCartney dress when she opened an exhibition of Olympic art at The National Portrait Gallery last year. For Kate this was a real “in your eye” statement necklace, however, she still managed to keep it simple and in-keeping with the event and national mood at the time.


Kate has also been known in the past to wear pieces more accessible to our purses for example pieces designed by Lola Rose.


In the attached pictures I have collected my favourite pieces that Kate has worn in the last couple of years and as I say you can see that they are all very simple, non fussy and could be worn by anyone of us.







Kiki McDonough diamond hoop with open circle blue topaz dangle earrings. (pics 2 and 3)

Sapphire and 9ct diamond dangle earrings. (pic 4)

Diamond pendant earrings on loan from Queen Elizabeth (pic 5)

Gold bracelet with engraved C disc charm - Given by Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall to Catherine. (pic 6)

Tiffany & Co Bezel set diamond station bracelet (3 stone diamonds by the yard in sterling silver). (pic 7)

Asprey 167 button diamond pave pendant in 18k white gold (pic 8)

Lola Rose Carved Heart Pendant (pic 10)

Pre-engagement extra long pearl necklace (pic 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment